Business Development Executive (BDE)
Reports to: Business Development Team Leader
Salary: £16,100 per annum
Bonus: Uncapped, discretionary and performance-based
Purpose of role
As a Business Development Executive, which is an entry level and trainee position, you will be responsible for working our database to nurture it. This will involve appending valuable key information, such as telephone numbers, key contact names and/or email addresses, where this may be missing by contacting businesses to introduce our business and services and explore ways in which Hilton-Baird Financial Solutions (HBFS) can add value. The aim of this activity is to generate new business opportunities.
- 5 GCSE passes (6 and above) in English, maths and at least 3 other subjects
Other desired qualities are:
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Focus, drive and dedication
- Self-confident yet humble and so good at communicating at all levels
- Positive attitude
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and a good level of computer proficiency
Prior work experience is ideal albeit not essential. However, if there is no prior work experience, then it’s important that there is a demonstration of other instances where the individual has shown their ability to apply themselves and maintain their activity, such as Duke of Edinburgh certificates, charity work, volunteering, belonging to a band/ choir any anywhere where regular commitment, a good work ethic and participation as well as working with others and other necessary life-skills can be evidenced.
HBFS is an FCA regulated business and so training, compliance and quality are key. The right candidates will therefore have an eye for detail and the ability to learn and retain information, using it as appropriate.
All new BDEs are situated within a development POD, consisting of other team members and those senior to you will be responsible for your training and development. Additionally, you will be working with our Head of New Business who will be assessing your development and quality of work throughout.
The team at HBFS will work with the right candidate to help develop the necessary skills, ranging from basic sales training to more advanced consultative selling skills, as well as the skills required to perform the administrative elements of the role.
The BDE will learn about the commercial finance world, how to operate our CRM and the necessary processes and this can evolve to become a relationship, lead generation (via telemarketing) and sales role.
- High quality of output on all tasks
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism
- Keep detailed and accurate records of all telephone conversations held
- Introduce our company to a wide variety of businesses over the telephone
- Generate new business opportunities through cold and warm calling
- Establish and develop relationships with decision makers to create future sales opportunities
What we offer
- A vibrant, enjoyable and committed workplace which provides a career and development path to the right individuals
- Rewarding package – Competitive Basic, Discretionary Bonus and Profit Related Pay
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance benefits after 12 months of service
- 20 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), increasing 1 day a year for each year of service to 25 days
- Ongoing training both internally and externally
- Fun and dynamic atmosphere
- Central location
- Free breakfast, fruit and refreshments throughout the day
- Sport and social activities as an option
About Hilton-Baird Financial Solutions
Established in 1997, Hilton-Baird Financial Solutions is an award-winning commercial finance brokerage which introduces businesses of all sizes to the most suitable funding solutions on the market, releasing the working capital that is fundamental to their growth. With offices in Southampton, Hove and Poland, the company is a family-run business and part of the wider Hilton-Baird Group, which employs more than 75 staff.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email email@example.com, attaching your CV and covering letter, stating clearly which role you are interested in.